Reliable and detail oriented communications major looking to write or edit your book or content.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Writing: Professional writer for 6 years, with experience in magazine. Author of 18 articles in a local publication; author of five books.
Editing: Editor of three books, one website. Experienced in copyediting, content editing, and proofreading.
Bachelor of Science in Communication
Kaplan University, January 2012
Organizations and Societies: Ambassadors & Leaders
Associates Degree, Drafting and Design Technology - Architectural
Central Florida Community College, Ocala, FL
Freelance Writer January 2005 to Present Ocklawaha, Florida
· Writing a script/screenplay titled Courtney’s Story, which is based on a book of the same title.
· Reviewed products and websites, resulting in better sales and more traffic
· Written articles on health, money, and technology, resulting in a raised awareness, learning how to save money, and an increase of interest
· Edited manuscripts, resulting in publication of books and e-books
· Written newsletters for Miami-Dade College, resulting in an understanding of what the college had to offer
· Ghost written SEO articles, resulting in better search engine results
Writer January 2009 - January 2011 All Access Music Magazine, Orlando, Florida
· Wrote a monthly column titled The Circuit, resulting in the readers having a better knowledge of the local bands
· Reviewed Motley Crue and Saliva, resulting in giving the readers a chance to be there without being there
· Interviewed Theory of a Deadman, resulting in an inside look to how the band works
Drafter January 2006 - December 2006 Consolidated Professional Services, P.A., Ocala, Fl
· Drafted designs for houses, resulting in homes being built to a clients specifications
· Drafted designs for barns, resulting in barns being built for clients
· Drafted designs for apartments, resulting in a living facility for multiple families
· Dancing the Night Away, a short story, which was released in September of 2010
· Great Wolf Lodge 2011 Travel Guide, which was released in March 2010, resulting in more bookings for this vacation spot
· Bulk Cooking: Everything You Need to Know, which was released in October of 2010, resulting in a better understanding of how to save money and time
· Employee Body Language revealed: How to Predict Behavior in the Workplace by Reading and Understanding Body Language, which was released in November of 2010, resulting in a sellout three times since its release